This feature was designed to allow Haulers to ask clarifying questions of the Client during the bidding process to ensure an accurate bid and to help avoid surprises. Example: “What is inside the bags,” or “Is there asbestos in that material?”
A Hauler can initiate a Chat with a Client both before a bid is placed and upon winning the job. Upon the first chat, the customer receives a notification such as the one listed below.
When the chat icon is tapped on, the hauler's question is seen and a response can be provided.
Haulers are required to use Chat in accordance with Curb-It standards. This means that during the bidding process, Haulers should not engage in the following:
- Discuss money or price in any way
- Argue or engage with other Haulers involved in the bidding process
- Ask for other service dates/times beyond what the Client has requested
- Employ hard sale techniques or pressure the Client in any way
- Asking a Client to cancel their bid
- Professional, courteous communication is expected
Please contact Curb-It support if a Hauler is not upholding these standards.